Pages

Friday, July 18, 2014

Obsessed with Neutral Palettes

I'm a total sucker for a good neutral palette.  I currently own three, but I'm on the lookout to add more to my collection!  For me, the perfect neutral palette must have these three qualities: a combination of matte and shimmer eye shadows, a shadow to use as an inner corner highlight, and high pigmentation.



My favorite palette as of lately is the Marc Jacobs Lolita palette.  Not only is the packaging sleek and elegant, but the product itself has all three of my must-have qualities.  The only downside is that it only comes with seven shadows and errs on the more expensive side at $59 (that's $8.43 per shadow).  All in all, I would highly recommend this palette to everyone regardless of skin tone.



Next is the popular Naked 2 palette.  The packaging is not spectacular in my opinion, but it is very practical for an everyday palette.  It also has three of my must-haves, but I do wish that it had more matte shadows.  For including twelve shadows, I'd say that this $54 palette is a bargain (that's $4.50 per shadow).  I would recommend this palette for people with warmer skin undertones.



Finally we have the NARS NARSissist palette.  Now don't get me wrong, I'm in love with NARS products, but this palette was disappointing.  It has matte and shimmer shadows and an inner corner highlight, but it lacks pigmentation!  Instead they provide a sheer wash of color that is buildable only if you use a LOT of product.  It comes with fifteen shades at $79 (that's $5.27 per shadow), but I'd recommend purchasing the NARS duo eye shadows as they provide more pigmentation.  I do not recommend purchasing this palette.



I hope you enjoyed this post on neutral palettes.  Let me know if you have any recommendations on neutral palettes by leaving a comment below. I'm addicted!


No comments:

Post a Comment